BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE PROJECT
In initiating this project, the partner schools from Romania, Turkey, Poland, Croatia and an NGO from Ireland involved in school education on ” Climate Change” and social inclusion, started from: * the significance of getting to know what causes of climate change and its likely impacts on nature and human beings and what precautions can be taken to mitigate climate change; * the awareness of climate change on participants in the project, visible in the participants desire to get involved in the promotion of awareness of climate change and to curb it in national level; * the existence, in their regions, of similar social contexts: students of different cultures and ethnicities, from different backgrounds and education, with disabilities or learning difficulties; * the need to get to know the inevitable consequences of climate change unless necessary precautions are taken; * the need to inform as many people as possible about climate change and raise awareness.
The needs of schools and the NGO representing them were identified through SWOT analysis described in their documents, the real analysis of activity reports and teacher council meetings, which showed the need for intercultural education of students as a strategy to raise awareness of climate change on people.
What results are do we wish to achieve?
The results of the project will be obtained both through local activities at the level of each partner institution and through LTTAs, TPMs and Student Mobility.
1. Through the activities of preparation for the implementation of the project will be created as results: implementation plans at the level of each partner institution; project teams made up of students and teachers, with concrete tasks within the project; the visibility of the project at local, regional and national level following its promotion; resources needed to implement the project.
2. Through TPMs and teacher learning mobilities (LTTAs) will be created: a Project Implementation Plan valid throughout the partnership (during the 1st TPM), learning activities, and results relevant to meeting the project objectives (knowledge, skills), strategies, resources).
* To increase the understanding of the atmosphere/ecosystem exchange of greenhouse gasses.
* non-formal pedagogical strategies for learning intercultural and developing students’ creativity through the use of ICT means;
* types of mutual learning activities, workshops, cultural workshops, ICT creativity workshops.
* international learning experiences, to enable teachers and students to develop their understanding of the diversity of European culture, the social, civic and intercultural skills necessary for their personal development. * valuable digital and multimedia resources for learning interculturality in partner schools.
* information on classroom management for inclusive education;
* examples of good practices in encouraging the integration of children into the educational system;
* ICT skills of creativity, based on the cultural elements of their regions and based on the creative programs of the computer.
* “Digital Photo-Story”, the final product of the project, which can be integrated into the curricular and non-formal activities of the partner schools.
* creating E-twinning Space, to promote the project and disseminate the results.
* creating the project website, as a tool for promoting and disseminating results.
3. Through the Mobilities of the Students can be obtained as results:
* superior skills through culture and creativity;
* superior intercultural competences: respect and tolerance for the culture of European students and from all over the world;
* new motivations to attend school and to get involved in the life of the multicultural group: more oriented towards group knowledge and integration in groups, interested in discovering common and different cultural aspects of groups, an improved position towards the culture of students in multicultural groups.
4. The integration of these results in the usual activities of the partner schools and the dissemination of the results at regional and national level, will lead to the fulfillment of the project goal “to increase awareness of climate change, creativity, and innovation in the practices of partner institutions, to develop skills through creativity” and “To offer partner institutions their professional development, promote attractive non-formal teaching, and support schools in their regions with European digital educational resources.”
5. Other results relevant to the implementation of the project: *new knowledge regarding the
implementation of a European project, for the 7 partner institutions; *new tools developed for the good implementation of the project; * materials and resources necessary for intercultural learning and developing students’ creativity; * the project site, made in order to promote and disseminate the results * a superior understanding of the phenomenon of social inclusion in European schools and new inclusion strategies. * superior understanding of the social and educational value of national culture and European diversity. * developing the linguistic, social, and intercultural competencies of the participants. *increasing the capacity of partner institutional development.
-Colegiul Tehnologic”Grigore Cerchez” Romania
-Nazilli Anadolu Lisesi Turkey
-Liceum Ogolnoksztalcace im. Adama Mickiewicza w Tarnowie Poland
-I AND F EDUCATION AND DEVELOPMENT Ireland BTSO ALİ OSMAN SÖNMEZ
-SOSYAL BİLİMLER LİSESİ Turkey
-Liceul Teoretic “Emil Racovita” Romania
-Srednja skola Valpovo Croatia
For further information, please visit: