I & F Education is an Irish based organisation working in and from Dublin for the educational development of people of all ages, especially in the areas of entrepreneurship, sport and personal development, youth and schools, language acquisition, inclusion and diversity and rural development. We stress and put the emphasis on lifelong learning as well as adult learning.
Our six main areas of work are:
1. Entrepreneurship: our programmes aim to raise people’s heights by providing courses and workshops on soft skills, key competences, social inclusion, emotional intelligence, care of the environment, etc. We also provide assistance and support for the social inclusion of immigrants and refugees.
2. Sport and Personal Development: our programmes have helped young people to become a better version of themselves through our Soccer and Personal Skills Programme at St Joseph’s Football Club in Cabinteely and Leicester Celtic FC in Nutgrove. We also currently work with the Rockbrook Padel Club in Rathfarnham.
3. Youth and Schools: young people can learn key competences if the educational setting is right. We believe in providing young people with the tools to improve their personal development in many areas, such as emotional intelligence, soft skills, care of the environment, sociability and entrepreneurship. We offer help and courses to people in disadvantaged areas, students suffering from bullying, those who have family problems and those who find it hard to integrate in society in general.
4. Language acquisition: we run year long, terms and short stay language and cultural programmes for young people from abroad to learn English and stay in Irish host families. The students attend Primary and Secondary Schools in the areas of Dublin, Wicklow, Wexford and Cavan. Please look up www.irelandandfamilies.com for further information.
5. Social Inclusion and Diversity: Today, an increasing number of people are long-term unemployed, face discrimination and situations of social exclusion and poverty, or are at risk of socio-economic marginalisation. The Inclusion and Diversity Programme devised by I & F develops project ideas with an emphasis on inclusion and diversity. It also develops trustworthy partnerships and engages with programmes in a meaningful way.
6. Rural Development: We work on six priorities:
-fostering knowledge transfer and innovation in agriculture, forestry and rural areas;
-enhancing the viability and competitiveness of all types of agriculture, and promoting innovative farm technologies and sustainable forest management;
-promoting food chain organisation, animal welfare and risk management in agriculture;
-promoting resource efficiency and supporting the shift toward a low-carbon and climate resilient economy in the agriculture, food and forestry sectors;
-restoring, preserving and enhancing ecosystems related to agriculture and forestry;
-promoting social inclusion, poverty reduction and economic development in rural areas.