GREEN YOU project
Young people, youth workers and youth organizations should reflect on climate change and develop green skills to meet the demands of the green economy, which is expected to create 100 million jobs by 2030. The development of green and digital skills is important for career success, and the European Skills Agenda aims to improve individual skills. AR technology can be used to help young people develop green and digital skills. The project will support youth organizations to design and implement innovative and interactive activities to enhance the green skills of young people and motivate them to participate in the green transition.
The general objectives are:
- To build capacity of youth workers using Mobile Augmented Reality to teach young people about climate change and youth unemployment (Priorities 1-3)
- To develop innovative quality resources for youth workers to promote green skills (Priorities 1-3)
- To increase awareness about climate change for young people with fewer opportunities via Digital Escape Rooms (Priorities 1&2)
- To develop green and digital skills of youth in the labor market through the GreenYOU Curriculum (Priorities 1&2)
- To build competencies of youth workers and young people to be digitally competent in the new green era (Priorities 1-3)
All objectives are linked to the project’s priorities, contributing to the environment, addressing digital transformation, and strengthening youth employability.
The main results are:
- Develop green skills and competences for young people needed to keep up with the green transition, youth unemployment and promote a climate neutral society.
- MOOCs promoting skills for climate action -GreenYOU Augmented Reality Technology Green Curriculum to build the capacity of youth workers to cultivate green skills and key competences of young people
- Digital Escape Rooms and Animation Videos to develop the youth’s green skills
- Setup of a project dedicated committee
- KLAIPEDA STATE UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES
- UNIVERSITY OF HUMANITIES AND ECONOMICS
For further information, please visit: www.greenyouproject.eu